Henrico Fire investigators on Sunday night identified a grandmother and her grandson as the victims of a deadly house fire in the Lakeside neighborhood.
Henrico fire crews responded to the 2200 block of Kenmore Road around 7 p.m. Saturday for reports of a fire. Firefighters responded in less than five minutes and found two adults inside the home. 86-year-old Helen Voltz and 27-year-old Kyle Voltz were pronounced dead at the scene.
The Fire Marshal’s Office ruled the fire to be accidental, and determined the fire began on a kitchen stove. Investigators said while smoke detectors were present in the home, they did not appear to be working at the time of the fire.