4 Displaced After Henrico House Fire

Show This To Everyone




Like us on Facebook! 

Two adults and two children cannot stay in their home tonight after a fire broke out at their house in Henrico’s Northside.  Crews received calls about flames coming from a home in the 8400 block of Chamberlayne Road just before midnight on Saturday.

Henrico Firefighters

Firefighters had to navigate very poor road conditions and very cold temperatures to get to this fire.  When they arrived the found a single story house with flames coming from the back.  They started battling the fire from the inside but then moved to the outside to due to the volume of the fire. Firefighters then moved back inside once they were able to knock out most of the blaze.

The people who live in the home were asleep and woke up to the smoke alarm. No injuries were reported.  Crews were on the scene for 11 hours due to heavy fire found in the attic, the cold temperatures, and icy equipment.

The fire has been ruled accidental due to improper disposal of fireplace ashes.





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *