Posted by Brandon Jarvis
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, VA — The Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors and School Board will cohost community meetings focused on the proposed FY2020 budget. The meetings, which are being held in each of the county’s magisterial districts, will follow the county administrator’s presentation of his proposed budget during a Board of Supervisors work session on March 13. A Spanish presentation of the proposed budget is scheduled for Thursday, March 21, 6 p.m. at Meadowdale Library.
- Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m., Dale District, Central Library, 7051 Lucy Corr Blvd.
- Monday, March 18, 1 p.m., Bermuda District, Bensley Recreation Center, 2900 Drewrys Bluff Rd
- Monday, March 18, 7 p.m., Bermuda District, Enon Elementary School, 2001 E. Hundred Road
- Wednesday, March 20, 7 p.m., Midlothian District, John Tyler Community College Hamel Hall, 800 Charter Colony Parkway
- Thursday, March 21, 1 p.m., Dale District, Meadowdale Library, 4301 Meadowdale Library
- Thursday, March 21, 6 p.m., countywide, Meadowdale Library, 4301 Meadowdale Library (This presentation will be in Spanish).
- Monday, March 25, 7 p.m., Clover Hill and Matoaca Districts, CCTC at Hull, 13900 Hull Street Road
- Tuesday, March 26, 1 p.m., Matoaca District, Swift Creek Baptist Church, 7511 North Spring Run Road
- Tuesday, March 26, 7 p.m., Matoaca District, Shiloh Baptist Church, 6711 Hickory Road
If you can’t make it out to one of the community meetings, feedback and input is always welcomed by firstname.lastname@example.org.
During October of 2018, the county and schools staff hosted a series of workshops to kick off the budget process. Those early discussions provided strategic direction for developing the capital improvement program and the proposed budget. For more information visit blueprint.chesterfield.gov.
Stay up to date on everything and follow us on Facebook here