Bronx, N.Y. – The Fordham University Rams continue their 2016-2017 Atlantic 10 season, the 114th season of varsity basketball at Rose Hill, by hosting the VCU Rams in the historic Rose Hill Gym on Wednesday, January 18, at 7:00 p.m.
The game will be televised live on SportsNet NY (SNY) with Tom Kolker (p-b-p) and nationally known author, columnist and sports commentator John Feinstein (color) announcing; streamed on the Atlantic 10 Digital Network with Mike Watts (p-b-p) and Andrew Bogusch (color) announcing; and broadcast on WFUV (90.7 FM) and www.wfuvsports.org with Drew Casey (p-b-p) and James Decker (color) announcing. Follow the links above.
Fordham enters the game with a 7-11 overall record, 1-4 in the Atlantic 10, after a 73-53 league loss to St. Bonaventure in Rochester on Saturday afternoon. VCU enters with a 14-4 overall record, 4-1 in the A-10, and is coming off a 69-63 league loss at Davidson on Saturday afternoon.
Wednesday night’s contest will be the seventh meeting between Fordham and VCU on the hardwood. VCU has won all six previous games, including an 88-54 win last January in Richmond.
• Sophomore guard Joseph Chartouny is second in the NCAA in steals/game, averaging 3.41 and is second in the league and 53rd in the country in assists/game (5.2). He tied his career-high with seven steals against Rutgers.
• The Rams lead the Atlantic 10 and are fourth in the NCAA in steals per game (10.3) and total steals (186).
• Fordham has recorded double digit steal totals in 12 of the 18 games this year.
• The Rams are also second in the NCAA in turnover margin (6.2) and turnovers forced (18.94/game).
• The Rams are third in the Atlantic 10 and 56th in the NCAA in three-pointers attempted this this year (442).
• Overall, the Rams are 20-9 at home over the past two years.
Like us on Facebook!