By Herb Jones
Tommy Norment: What are you telling Virginia Republicans?
The country is being plunged into chaos. Here is a short list:
- Secretary of Defense, General James Mattis has resigned. The one person in this administration that everyone serving in the military respects.
- We are unilaterally pulling out of Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan with no long term plan to keep the peace. This is a great disservice to the honor and memory of the women and men who sacrificed in these conflicts.
- The stock market is plunging – 500 points everyday – and will continue to do so because of the constant uncertainty in the United States currently.
- The United States government is on the verge of shut down because a wall that we were promised would be paid for by Mexico will not be funded by American taxpayers.
- Ironically, no one from Mexico attacked the United States on 9/11, the worst terrorist attack on this nation, or in any subsequent terrorist attack. In fact, 15 of the 19 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia. Yet, Saudis are allowed to enter and leave the United States with impunity. But we want to build a wall on the Mexican border.
- And, by the way, the president of the United States is cavorting with the leader of Saudi Arabia. Does this make any sense?
- The leader of the Free World had a non-profit foundation that was suddenly closed because it misused and misappropriated funds for the benefit of the president of the United States. Imagine what would have happened if President Obama did this or anything close.
- The United States is abdicating its leadership role in the world: Retreating from climate change initiatives, failure to lead human rights by separating children from their parents, and continuing to imprison 25% of the world prison population while only 4% of the world population.
- Porn stars, weekly golf trips at taxpayer expense, indictments, and the list goes on and on.
What are republicans in Virginia to think? Tommy Norment is the leader of the Republican Party in Virginia. What are you telling the Virginia republicans, Tommy? Where is the Republican Party headed? How to do you square this circle?
Herb Jones is the Democratic candidate for the 3rd Senatorial District of Virginia. Herb is running against the Senate Majority Leader, Tommy Norment, the most powerful person in the Virginia Republican Party. To learn more about his campaign visit www.herbjonesforvirginia.com.